Online: “It’s HUGE!”
- Photographers can use a wide angle lens to make everything look as large as possible.
In Person: “Is this a room or a closet?”
- Buyers are often surprised at how much smaller a home appears in person
Online: “It looks like a new home!”
- HDR image processing can make a home appear brand new.
In Person: “What’s that smell?”
- Strong pet odors, mold and sewer/septic issues are surprises that you can’t experience online.
Online: “It looks so peaceful!”
- Home staging creates a peaceful environment, but those items can distract you from other details.
In Person: “Did I just hear gun shots?”
- It’s smart to hang out in the neighborhood for a few hours to know the real area experience.
Online: “I have a good feeling!”
- Online listings will rarely show flaws in a property. It’s ALL positive information.
In Person: “Is that a minivan community in the neighbors yard?”
- Yes, it has happened. Enough said.
3 Real Estate Shopping Tips
DON’T GET TOO ATTACHED
- Wait until you visit the property.
♥ FIND A GOOD REALTOR
- Find one who will point out the pros AND cons of each home you look at.
TRY TO BE PATIENT
- Impulse decisions in real estate can cost major dollars and have life altering effects. Don’t be scared to take your time.